It's Friday 12th March and I'm back to re-cap the week's major industry news in logistics:
- Global port congestion continues, with the volume of ships coming out of Asia to US and EU ports at an all time high.
- Global-E is filing for an IPO on the Nasdaq in a move illustrating that ecommerce is booming right now, with estimates putting Global-E at a $1 billion valuation.Panasonic are looking to acquire supply chain software firm Blue Yonder for $6.45 billion.
- Patrick Oestreich becomes the new CCO at Hellman, after leaving XPO Logistics.
- There's change at the top of Wallenius Wilhelmsen, with Craig Jasienski stepping down as CEO after 30 years in the business. Current CFO Torbjorn Wist will become acting CEO whilst a replacement is looked for.
- After a successful period guiding Hellmann in their restructuring efforts, David Bang has found a new home at JAS Forwarding as their new Global Head of Pharma and Healthcare.
I love speaking to leading experts and professionals in the space, so please feel free to get in touch. It would be great to chat about this video, the industry, your career and what CM Industrial could do for you. Sound good? My email is Aaron.Pearce@industrial-cm.com.
For more logistics articles, videos and podcasts like this; check out my consultant page.