Engineering Director EMEA.
Stuttgart - Germany
My client is a market leader with the design and manufacturing of compact construction machinery, specially designed for construction, civil engineering and landscaping. With a network of 1,500 dealers worldwide they are a renowned brand with an ever-growing global presence.
The Engineering Director is responsible for managing the European team whilst being part of the compact equipment R&D organisation, with the aim of developing and implementing new products and processes to sustain growth in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will essentially lead, empower and motivate European engineering teams responsible for the design and development of products and systems that meet the evolving needs of customers.
- You'll be required to support global product development planning alongside the acquisition of resources in order to achieve MTP
- It's crucial that you understand the products and markets and are able to plan future product portfolios with the product management team. This will allow you to plan future technology development recognizing technological advances in order to gain a competitive edge vs. competitors
- Estimating, monitoring and engaging the appropriate amount of budget to achieve MTP goals and for the growth of the Compact Equipment R&D unit
- Communicating with the construction equipment R&D division for NPD, technology and human resource development in order to ensure all of the above are aligned with the company's goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Master preferred)
- Strong technical knowledge compact construction machinery
- 6+ years’ experience in a senior manager of development role
- English (Fluent)
- French & German (Intermediate)
Education & Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the heavy machinery space
- Field experience and strong customer orientation. International experience would be a plus
- Strong commercial understanding and results-driven
- Good knowledge of the Construction Market, customers and the way they use their equipment
- Extensive engineering experience in Europe (e.g. Industrial Engine, Agricultural Machinery, Compact Machinery, Hydraulic systems)
What We Can Offer
- As well as a competitive package with bonus potential, we are offering the opportunity to be a part of a family cultured, growing and dynamic organisation.
To learn more, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job