A global leader in the development and production of specialty chemicals and additives for consumer and industrial markets, is seeking an experienced Regulatory Affairs Manager. The company is driven by technical expertise, built on 50+ years of delivering outstanding innovation in their core markets. The business unit in question requires an experienced RA professional who can steer their activity in the CASE sector from a compliance, legal and quality perspective.
The Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager will sit in the EMEA senior team, based in Zurich, and head the Regulatory function for a key business unit. This position reports to the Global Business Unit Head. You will be required to fulfil the company's compliance obligations at a local, regional (and occasionally global) level. As the senior Regulatory figure in the business, you should be self-motivated to keep updated with the growing complexity of chemical regulation, understand the importance of regulatory compliance for customers, and position yourself as the company's functional representative on the market. Heading up a team of 5-8 people, you will take full responsibility for their continued development and education on regulatory matters in the CASE market, but also rely on them for support as a resource dedicated to you and the departmental vision. Although there are certainly similarities in regulatory and compliance functions across different industries, to be truly successful in this role you will need a strong technical background in Chemistry, and experience working in RA within a coatings, adhesives, sealants or specialty chemicals (non-pharma) setting.
· Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure new products in development continuously meet regulatory milestones, moving through a stage-gate process towards successful launch.
· Remain up-to-date with the latest regulatory requirements on a local and regional level, recommending any necessary changes to the product portfolio as required.
· Take full overall responsibility for regulatory documentation, submission and follow-up on both new and existing product lines.
· Identify solutions to approaching changes to regulatory requirements ahead of time, involving all required stakeholders to ensure the company is not left exposed.
· On a day-to-day basis, manage the team; coordinating their activities, assisting in project management, and ensuring their development is constantly maintained and assessed.
How do I apply?
Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
· Minimum of 5 years experience in Regulatory Affairs positions in the Chemicals industry.
· Experience leading teams of 4-10 people, and working cross-functionally.
· BS or higher degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science.
· Knowledge of polymer applications with a focus on waterborne chemistries including acrylic copolymers.
· Demonstrable experience across the full regulatory life-cycle.Apply for this job
If you're interested in this position, please fill out this form with your details and someone will be back in touch with you to discuss this further.