A global leader in the development and production of functional additives and colour masterbatches and compounds for multiple plastic applications is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager. The company is driven by expertise – they focus their technical knowledge on developing innovative products and services for traditional and bio-based polymers that can be used for applications such as thin and thick films, bottles and containers, fibres, filaments, and sheets. Headquartered in Switzerland, the company has a global distribution network and production facilities in Europe, the Middle East & Africa, the Americas, and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for a Strategic New Business Development professional, for the EMEA team, based almost anywhere in Europe, with the preference for the role to be located in Switzerland. This position reports to the Commercial Director EMEA. The newly created position requires a knowledgeable business development professional with a solid background in prospecting, evaluating and building a pipeline of project opportunities, and finally converting into tangible revenue-generating customer relationships. You will need several years’ experience in plastics or plastic additives to be successful in this position, with a focus on industrial applications: E&E, Appliances, Construction and Filtration. The successful candidate should have a strong knowledge in both commodity and specialty plastic resins. The BDM must develop comprehensive short-, medium- and long-term business plans, and execute implementation projects in the above markets.
· Screen, identify and evaluate potential, new market entrance and collaboration targets according to the scope and profile defined by the company.
· Contribute to substantial organic growth for the company, by realizing firm projects. Also play a key part in inorganic growth opportunities with commercial leadership team.
· Generate realistic project pipeline, short term (6-12months) and midterm (12-24months), being able to realise those into commercial business. Handover projects in commercial status to account manager.
· Defining, developing and deploying marketing and business development strategy for the selected market opportunities.
· Manage contacts, relations, and negotiations with respective targets jointly with the EMEA team.
· On a day-to-day basis, manage customer relationships, take ownership of the CRM, build your network in target markets, attend industry events, liaise with and develop Account Managers to share best practice.
How do I apply?
Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
· Minimum of 5 years in-depth business development experience in a multinational environment in the plastics/ specialty plastics, masterbatches, compounds markets.
· Experience in Industrial market applications including Electrical & Electronic, Construction, Appliance.
· Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Plastics processing, Material Engineering OR Business/ Economics, but with more experience in Specialty Plastics.
· Experience in project management, business development, new customer acquisition, strategy execution in international commercial roles, working in cross-functional programs/teams.Apply for this job
If you're interested in this position, please fill out this form with your details and someone will be back in touch with you to discuss this further.